Nov. 7th, 2008
http://www.lazyenvironmentalist.com/pages/2008/11/just_do_it_gree.php
Nike is going eco friendly with their clothing and shoe designs. Nike has already been eco friendly by creating tracks that are made up of ground up tennis shoes. This time around, they are making cloths out of 100% organic cotton and 100% recylcled polyester.
Nike just got a lot cooler. The company has already been on top of the sporting world, but with this move, they are leaps and bounds ahead of the other sports companies. I don't know how well their shoes will be. I think they'll wither fall apart easier, or they will be very uncomfortable as shown on the picture in the link. The coolest thing is that even though their clothing will be switching to organic material, Nike will still be able to apply their "Dri-Fit" technology to their shirts and shorts. The pictures that are shown on the link are kind of an eyesore though (see the shoes). I expect this project to be perfected in a couple of years.
No comments:
Post a Comment