The Toxicity Report: Detroit Lions' draft history
Dennis Dillard
4/36/09
Sporting News.
The Lions have always been terrible... 50 years worth. Which is why I don't understand why my papa will watch this team week in and week out. Which is why I will break down the recent drafts. draft since it was this weekend. Many will point the finger at Matt Millen, which is correct. What people don't realize is that he was a great hard-nosed player. When he was in the front office, he didn't draft hard-nosed player, which is what the Lions needed. He drafted soft players that whined and cried.
Now to this draft... The Lions had to try and screw up this draft... and they did. They took Stafford, and paid a ridiculous price to get an overrated player. Next, the drafted a tight end who clearly isn't a first rounder. Next pick, they were all set up to draft Ray Mauluga, A force in the middle. They took an ok safty from a MAC school.
If I were to pick, I would go with Aaron Curry, the best overall prospect. Next, Defensive Tackle Peria Jerry from Ole Miss. The third round pick would have been Center, Eric Wood; or Center, Max Unger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment